The charge controller is connected between solar module and battery and controls the charging process in a way that ensures a fully charged battery at all times.
PWM charge controller
A hybrid control element determines the actual state of operation and based on that optimizes the charging of the battery via pulse width modulation (PWM). This leads to various advantages, e.g. very low voltage drop (max. 0.2 V) and self-consumption (max. 0.02 A).
Therefore, PWM charge controller are a lot more efficient than simple linear controllers.
The integrated microprocessor charges the battery in a gentle way and ensures a long lifetime of the solar batteries.
The LED show the state of charge of the battery and the charging current of the PV module. The integrated under voltage protection prevents from harmful discharging of the battery.
The charge controller stops the charging mode as soon as the battery is fully charged so that overcharging of the battery is not possible.
It is suitable for all lead-acid and gel batteries. The microprocessor controls the switching thresholds of the charging process in a precise and temperature-stable way.
- ensures fully charged battery
- suitable for lead-acid, gel and AGM batteries
- overvoltage protection
- protection against deep discharging of the battery
- protection against reverse currents at night
- reverse polarity protection for battery AND PV module
- automatic disconnect if the charging current exceeds the capacity of the controller
- automatic disconnect in case of short-circuit
- automatic temperature compensation (ATC)
- LED show battery SOC
- PWM charging
- charge current control depending on battery SOC
- LCD display and HMI (Human Machine Interface) with 4 buttons & integrated menu
- 32-bit-MCU with high speed
- Nominal voltage: 12 / 24 / 48 V (automatic recognition)
- Max. current: 20 A
- Max. PV input voltage: 64 V (at 48 V battery voltage)
- Over voltage protection
- Short-circuit protection
- Losses if not charging: < 20 mA
- Voltage drop: <240 mV
- Weight: 700 g
- Connection terminals for cable diameter: 16 mm²